Auburn flour has exceptional properties and nutritional values - among other flours of nuts is distinguished by low fat content, and high content of protein and carbohydrates.Auburn flour is a good source of copper, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium and vitamin B6 and can be successfully used by people with gluten intolerance.Check what other nutritional values the chestnut flour has and try the recipe for homemade chestnut flour.
The chestnut flour is obtained by grinding edible chestnuts.Chestnut flour, by its properties and nutritional values, is gaining popularity.Its unquestionable advantage is that it is a gluten-free flour and will be a great ingredient in many sweet and savory dishes.Auburn flour is characterized by a sweet taste and a nutty scent.The texture of the flour is very similar to the texture of wheat flour, which is why the products made from it will retain high plasticity.But chestnut flour far exceeds wheat flour with nutritional value and health benefits.
Read also: Nuts – learn about their health properties
Auburn flour – nutritional value and health properties
Auburn flour is valued due to its health properties, nutritional value and taste qualities.It contains high-quality proteins with essential amino acids, carbohydrates, mono- and polyunsaturated fatty acids and fiber.In addition, it is a source of copper, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium and vitamin B6.Auburn flour due to the lack of gluten is a valuable component of gluten-free diets.
Health properties of chestnut flour
- thanks to the content of dietary fiber reduces the level of cholesterol in the blood, reducing its absorption in the intestines
- reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease due to the content of antioxidants and monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids
- thanks to the presence of potassium, it lowers blood pressure
- due to its high iron content, it prevents anemia
- it affects proper bone structure and metabolism because it is a source of magnesium and phosphorus
- thanks to the high content of copper increases the body’s resistance, prevents heart and circulatory system diseases, improves brain function
- protects against free radicals, which excess speeds up aging and causes cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and cancer
You can read also: Peanuts – evil incarnate?