It’s worth finding out for beef, and here are 10 reasons why you should include it in your diet.
1. Beef contains creatine and is one of its richest sources.
2. It is a rich source of vitamin B6. This vitamin fulfills many important functions in the body, eg it participates in the amino acid transformation, it enables the storage of energy, it participates in the formation of prostaglandins.
3. Beef contains L-carnitine. Poultry and fish contain very small amounts. L-carnitine transports fatty acids to the mitochondria, in which they undergo transformation, giving energy to the functioning of the cells of the body.
4. Beef is an excellent source of potassium and protein.
5. Beef contains CLA, which is a strong antioxidant, reduces the level of bad cholesterol.
6. Beef also contains magnesium and zinc, another two very important minerals for active people. Zinc has an impact on all basic life processes. It participates, inter alia, in wound healing, affects the work of the immune system, proper secretion of insulin. Magnesium also plays a very important role, among others, it is a growth factor, strengthens the body’s defense reactions, catalyzes many life processes.
7. Beef contains iron. The beef is a red meat full of iron in its most accessible form.
8. Contains alanine, an amino acid that serves as a key gluconeogenic amino acid.
9. Beef contains vitamin B12 necessary, including for the production of red blood cells, the synthesis of nucleic acids.
10. Is a low-fat meat (sirloin, a league).
You can read also: How to make beef tartare