Almond flour has valuable properties and nutritional values - it is a source of mono- and polyunsaturated fatty acids as well as magnesium, iron and calcium.Health benefits of almond flour should be particularly appreciated by people with high blood cholesterol, diabetes and high blood pressure.In addition, almond flour has been used in a gluten-free diet, vegetarian diet, paleo diet or a low carbohydrate diet.Check what other properties the almond flour has and how to make it yourself at home.
Almond flour is obtained by grinding almonds.It is characterized by a sweet, almond flavor and white color.It can be used as a healthy substitute for flours traditionally used for baking bread and cakes.Almond flour can be easily and quickly prepared at home.
You should check it: Gluten-free flour – types of flour without gluten
Almond flour – nutritional value and health properties
The properties of almond flour result directly from the properties of the almonds from which it arises.Almond flour is an excellent source of unsaturated fatty acids – monounsaturated and polyunsaturated.In addition, it contains relatively few carbohydrates.Thanks to this, it can be successfully used by people who are on a low carbohydrate diet or on a ketogenic diet.In addition, almond flour can be consumed by people on a gluten-free diet, because it does not contain gluten.Almond flour is also an excellent source of magnesium, iron and calcium.
- reduces the risk of heart disease and lowers cholesterol in the blood due to the high content of monounsaturated fatty acids
- it lowers blood pressure due to the presence of antioxidants
- reduces the risk of colon cancer
- reduces the risk of diabetes and improve glycemia in people with diabetes because it reduces postprandial glycemia
- has an antioxidant effect, protects the body against free radicals
You can read also: Brazil nuts and their properties