Carambola is a fruit that resembles the shape of a star after being cut in. Because of this, many people wonder how to eat a caramino.This is not complicated, and additionally carambola has a delicious taste and many properties and nutritional values, so it is worth to include it in the diet. , not everyone can eat a caramino. Check what properties a carambola has, who can not eat it, where to buy it and what its price is.
Carambola, otherwise known as the sweetcorn, is a fruit from the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. After cutting the carambola resembles a star, so many people are wondering how to eat caramines.This is not complicated, and in addition both pulp as and the waxy skin of this exotic fruit is edible.The flesh is yellow, firm and very juicy, contains no fibers, and consistency resembles the consistency of grapes. And what is the taste of carambola? This is a sweet fruit with a sour, sour aftertaste.
Carambola – properties and nutritional values
Carambola is a very low-calorie fruit, 100 g of fruit provides only 31 kcal. In addition, carambola is rich in antioxidants, such as polyphenolic compounds (quercetin and gallic acid). In carambola there are also significant deposits of dietary fiber and vitamin C.
- relieves constipation, bloating and diarrhea due to the content of dietary fiber
- helps to keep the blood glucose level constant, which prevents the onset of diabetes, metabolic syndrome
- reduces the risk of ischemic heart disease, atherosclerosis, stroke
- it lowers blood pressure
- has diuretic properties, thanks to which it contributes to lowering the concentration of toxins in the body
- has anti-inflammatory effects, it can be used in respiratory infections, inflammations of the throat
- improving the quality of sleep
Carambola – for whom is not recommended?
Carambola should not consume a person with kidney disease, because eating it can cause side effects, such as
The active ingredients contained in the carbohydrates may interact with some drugs, so if you are taking medication, consult your doctor whether it is safe to combine them with this fruit.
- and can even lead to death.
In addition, excessive consumption of caramboli may increase the risk of kidney stones because of the relatively high content of this acid of oxalic acid.
You can read also: Does vitamin C cure cancer?